Effective: January 1, 2015
This policy describes how Jixee treats your information, not how other organizations treat your information. If you are using Jixee in a workplace or on a device or account issued to you by your employer or another organization, that company or organization likely has its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, and retention of communications and content which may apply to your use of Jixee. Content that would otherwise be considered private to you or to a limited group of people may, in some cases, be accessible by your account owner or administrator. Please check with your employer, account owner or administrator about the policies it has in place regarding your communications and related content on Jixee. More on this below.
In this policy we talk about various roles within a Jixee account and the privileges that come with each. It’s helpful to understand these roles and the relationships between them. Here’s the breakdown: account owner > administrator > collaborator. Account owners have the most control over the account settings on Jixee, followed by administrators. The person who establishes the Jixee account is considered the account owner with the most control over the account. All account owners are administrators, and all accounts owners and administrators are also project members.
Information we collect and receive
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Account information. When you create an account on Jixee, we collect your email address (as the account owner), your company name, your user name that appears in your Jixee account, and password.
- Profile information. The only information we require to create your Jixee account is a first name, last name, company name, email address and password.
- Billing information. We collect billing address and credit card information if you purchase a premium version of Jixee. Credit card information is securely passed to our payment processing partner and is not stored at Jixee.
- Log data. When you use Jixee, our servers automatically record information including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to Jixee, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Jixee usage information. This is information about the projects, tasks and users you interact with within Jixee and what integrations with related services you use. We do not view actual project, task and user data. We only collect statistics.
- Service integrations. If you integrate with a service on Jixee we will connect that service to ours.
- Account owners and administrators are able to add integrations to an account or project. Those integrations are viewable and editable by the account owner and administrator.
- We do not receive or store your passwords for any of these services.
- You can remove an integration at any time which unbinds that integration on a go-forward basis. That does not, however, delete the content that was received from them and indexed within Jixee. That content must be deleted manually.
- Project, task and file content created within Jixee. This includes:
- The content itself. This content can include projects, tasks, version control data and files among other types of files.
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. Jixee may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about which IP addresses go with which zip codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer and from your computer to us, each time you visit our website. They are unique to your Jixee account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
Some cookies are associated with your Jixee account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in and which teams you are logged into. Other cookies are not tied to your Jixee account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other things. If you access Jixee through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable all cookies you may not be able to use Jixee.
Jixee sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use 3rd parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. Google Analytics provides their own opt-out. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the Jixee service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver content to you and from you
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We have a fair bit of data about usage and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to a Jixee user.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep Jixee secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
- Communicating with you
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- Email. We may send you service and administrative emails. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, or our service offerings. These tasks are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to Jixee users about new product features or other news about Jixee. You can opt-out of these at any time.
When you use Jixee, you have control over a number of things with respect to your own privacy and choices about how your content is visible to others or not. If you are a Jixee account owner or administrator, you have additional choices that impact your team’s privacy. Some users will not have access to all of the same choices that their account owner(s) or administrator(s) do. That is because Jixee is set up to be team-oriented, and provides account owners with the maximum ability to control their teams.
Choices for Collaborators
- You have the ability to create tasks, comments, files and version control information within a project. You have the ability to delete tasks and files within a project.
Choices for Account Owners and Administrators
- Account owners and administrators can create and delete projects and add or remove collaborators from projects.
- Only an account owner can add or delete an administrator.
- For more about these privileges, choices, and permissions.
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
Sharing and Disclosure
There are times when data and related content and other user information may be shared by Jixee. This section discusses only how Jixee may share user information. Organizations that use Jixee may have their own policies for sharing and disclosure of information they can access through Jixee. Jixee may share information:
- With consent, to comply with legal process, or to protect Jixee and our users. When we have your consent or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Jixee; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. If we receive a legal or law enforcement request for information we will do our best to notify the subject of the request if we are able.
- About you with your organization, account owner, or team administrator(s).
- We may share your email address with your organization. If the email address under which you’ve registered your account belongs to or is controlled by an organization (to be clear, we’re not talking about free web-based email providers like Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo! Mail) we may disclose that email address and associated projects to that organization in order to help it understand who associated with that organization uses Jixee, and to assist the organization with its enterprise accounts. Please do not use a work email address for our services unless you are authorized to do so, and are therefore comfortable with this kind of sharing.
- In addition, there may be times when you contact Jixee to help resolve an issue specific to a team you are a member of. In order to help resolve the issue, we may need to share your concern with your administrator. When possible, we will try to mask or remove any identifying information before sharing these communications.
- That is aggregated and non-identifiable. We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business or research purposes. For example, we may tell a prospective Jixee customer the average number of tasks sent within a Jixee team in a day or may partner with research firm or academics to explore interesting questions about workplace communications. Again, this policy is not intended to prohibit the disclosure and use of aggregated or de-identified data.
Jixee takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the Jixee service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
To learn more about current practices and policies regarding security and confidentiality, please see our Security Practices; we keep that document updated as these practices evolve over time.
Jixee is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Jixee after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.